Legal Operations: Roadmap for Law Firms – Training Course
April 11 @ 15:00 - 17:00EUR200
The Legal Operations: Roadmap for Law Firms is a customized training course for private practice attorneys hosted by InvestCEE LegalTech Consultancy. The course provides strategic guidance to implementing tech-assisted legal services for law firms in any jurisdiction. The content is dedicated to law firm leaders (irrespective of team size, including solo practitioners) as well as operational managers (business, IT and process leaders). In addition to a 10-step legal operations roadmap, this training also highlights best practices to using matter management tools, document automation solutions and AI-enabled legaltech platforms. Scroll for a detailed agenda of the training.
The live session of the Legal Operations: Roadmap for Lawfirms is a 2-hour course with a registration fee of EUR 200 / participant. Sign up to schedule your training or join the upcoming public session on April 11, 2024!
What does Legal Operations mean for Law Firms?
Legal operations is what it takes to run a law firm (as a business) on top of practicing law by profession. It encompasses client management, strategic planning, legal project management, financial oversight, and legal industry expertise. Optimizing law firm operations is all about efficiency and effectiveness: how can the firm best deploy its lawyers and technology resources to advance the clients’ goals, manage legal risks and showcase the added-value created with legal work?
Optimizing legal operations with technology is critical for value-creation by lawyers. Independent of industry focus, law firms across the spectrum and of any size find themselves under pressure to generate added value for their clients for less costs.
We organize the Legal Operations: Roadmap for Law Firms training course on demand, for law firms of any sizes. We’ll be hosting a public session on April 11, 2024. Register to save your spot for the upcoming live session!
What can Legal Operations do for me or my Law Firm?
The goal of legal operations is to optimize law firm performance. Dedicated legal operations projects help law firms to improve client management, collaboration within the team and with clients, choose the right legal technology for optimizing work flow, better identify and manage risks, and enhance work quality.
The good old advice to “run your law firm like a business” is the theory, while legal operations is the practice behind the business of law. While every law firm and jurisdiction is different (and some teams, budgets and regulatory pressures are bigger than others), law firms of all sizes (including solo practitioners) can see real value from implementing legal operations initiatives.
Agenda for the Training Course
The course enables a complex learning experience for law firm leaders.
Part A provides strategic guidance for 10 key areas of law firm operations:
- Client intelligence: capturing matter data to make better decisions, optimize firm processes & workflows and focus on understanding clients’ needs.
- Financial management: developing accurate budgets and tracking forecasts throughout the business year to encourage the responsible usage of resources.
- Technology partner management: selecting and onboarding the adequate service providers, establishing fair pricing models for short-term projects (e.g., audit for a client) and long-term operations (e.g., client relationship management, matter workflow, etc).
- Technology tools & automation: identifying manual and/or repetitive legal work processes for optimization via legaltech and automation techniques, to improve both internal efficiency and client-facing legal service.
- Data security & governance: creating policies for sharing and retaining information, managing information security, and ensuring compliance.
- Knowledge management: enabling a law firm culture of sharing information, designing for flexibility in workflows and supporting all team members with shared know-how captured in step-plans and playbooks.
- Collaboration & team management: optimizing legal practice operations by creating a value-driven law firm culture, building on the human skillsets and expertise in the team, and strengthening teams by providing them with adequate tools to perform their work efficiently and collaboratively.
- Workflow management: giving management, lawyers and staff access to accurate, real-time updated database for all matters, opportunities, projects and tasks, to ensure an operating model that matches the type work to the right skillset and resources.
- Innovation & development: designing legal service delivery models that combine traditional legal skills with tech-assisted ways of working, enabling a professional career model for continuing development matched with individual skills and needs.
- Strategic planning: setting short-term objectives and formulating long-term goals to prioritize a law firm agenda aligned with client needs, team goals and legal market developments.
Part B provides hands-on practical demonstration regarding:
➤ Legal matter management
➤ Document automation
➤ AI-assisted legal service solutions (e.g. contract review, legal data analysis, etc.)
ADDITIONAL INSPIRATION +++
Curious to approach legal operations step by step? Our practical advice on planning and budgeting for legal teams may be a great place to get started.
For a holistic overview of legal technology costs and investment strategies, take a read of this Strategy Paper: How Much Does LegalTech Cost?
Optimizing legal operations with technology often leads to a more data-driven approach to legal work streams. We previously shared our insights on how data analytics is relevant for lawyers. For additional legal operations resources and case studies, stop by HERE.