Contract Mill is a document automation + document generation platform that helps digitize legal work through interactive templates. Contract Mill enables lawyers to:
- package legal expertise into interactive document templates
- create strategic value for clients in the initial phase of document generation: by more efficiently managing first drafts of legal documents
- retain full control of the first drafts by crafting questionnaire based document templates for end-users (internal or external clients)
- offer end-users a streamlined process to provide input to legal documents.
Contract Mill enables optimization for both internal processes and client-facing legal work. By carefully preparing templates from the legal perspective, end-users from any department or industry can access up-to-date, professionally crafted legal documents within minutes.
Document Automation with Contract Mill is an intuitive step-by-step process:
- Upload document templates of your organization to Contract Mill.
- Highlight text to be automated with the mouse ↠ automation can focus on words, sentences or entire paragraphs. For this, consider the details you would expect the end-user (internal or external client) to fill in.
- Create an intuitive list of questions for the end-user ↠ this will be the smart questionnaire that guides the end-users to create the document (fill in answers) on their own.
- Add instructions to the questions ↠ this will provide more in-depth guidance to your end-users.
- Make use of the clause library ↠ add new clauses to your library or create new clauses for future use. want the end-user to fill in.
- Use the ‘send link’ or ‘widget’ functionalities of Contract Mill to share the questionnaire with end-users ↠ they can simply answer the questions you have prepared for them!
- Contract Mill will do the rest of the work: the answers will be automatically embedded in the template you have uploaded in Step 1 above!
- Document generation: end-users can now download the ready-made first draft of the legal document and use it in further work streams (forward for review, make further amendments, proceed to execution, etc).
Top tips for in-house legal teams:
- prepare “self-service widgets” to generate templates for other departments
- regularly update document templates for the entire organization to make sure that the documents generated by various departments are fully compliant at all times
- manage legal know-how by adding model clauses and best practice tips into the document templates
- train juniors and new team members through the workflow embedded into the document templates
Top tips for law firms:
- create new revenue streams by selling automation projects to clients
- use the “self-check-in documents” feature to automatically update documents with client input
- sell your brain and not your time with the “do-it-yourself-documents” feature
- productize legal work by selling “self-service widgets” to clients
- ensure knowledge management by creating templates from firm know-how
Key Benefits to Document Automation with Contract Mill:
- Boost efficiency and profitability by saving up to 70% of the time required to generating first drafts by minimizing manual repetitive work;
- Enable effective knowledge management: by implementing internal policies, model clauses and best practices into the document automation processes, companies can retain know-how when and where needed and get new team members quickly up to speed;
- Enable lean processes and empower colleagues: by automating workflows, colleagues can do more independent work and business owners can focus more on their vision and goals;
- Create new business opportunities and revenue streams for law firms that offer document automation services to their clients; and
- Keep full control over the actions lawyers allow the end-users (internal or external clients) to take with respect to the first drafts of legal document.