Document management can be automated to improve efficiency and accuracy of workflows.
Technology is a valuable tool in supporting document management tasks. When dealing with extensive legal datasets (e.g., large contract repositories), e-mails and files archives, precision-search capabilities, automated indexing and document comparison functionalities may come handy.
In providing consultancy services on Legal Big Data we work with Nalytics to helps teams and organisations with document management tasks. Nalytics enables more efficient access and analysis of contract data. This leads to better business insights and more efficient workflows.
For improved document management, use Nalytics with the following tasks:
1# Index Documents, Automate Classification and Quantify Data
With its unique indexing technology, Nalytics easily indexes and groups unstructured data. Nalytics automates contract classification tasks and helps sort out large document sets by context. Further, Nalytics is best placed for answering questions asking “how many…” and helps visualise and better understand metrics hidden in datasets. For example, how many planning applications mention greenfield, or how many contracts expire prior to the end of a given year? Reporting tools in Nalytics enable users to quickly and easily calculate metrics based responses.
2# Improve Contract Analysis Process
Contract analysis may be carried out by a legal team for any number of reasons. Whether lawyers are looking to appraise an organisation’s contractual obligations, respond to changes in legislation/organisational policy, or identify contracts containing non-standard clauses, there are certain characteristics which are commonly associated with these activities. Nalytics can provide powerful support for analysis and reporting, saving time and freeing up resources to focus on higher-value work.
- Compare Contracts (to each other, or to a template)
Nalytics can identify and surface the clauses within each contract, helping to enable efficient cross-contract clause analysis.
- Surface Key Data Points
Nalytics automatically identifies key data points within your contracts, such as currency, duration and people, and helps visualize relevant data.
- Classify Contracts
Nalytics automatically classifies contracts by type, so that users can quickly and easily choose which type of contract(s) you want to work with.
- Identify Non-Standard Legal Clauses
Nalytics automatically identifies any contracts with clauses or content that does not match an organisation’s standards, so that users can review them and take necessary action.
- Keep Track of Key Events
Nalytics can identify and extract specifc date types so that finding dates and navigating to exactly where they occur can be done at the click of a button.
3# Search and Structure Active and Legacy Data Sets
Nalytics has an intuitive user interface that enables organizations to quickly find documents and specific content in complex databases. With Nalytics, organizations can efficiently access and manage their active and legacy documents, e-mails and files (both structured and unstructured). With Nalytics, all file types are searchable at once so there is no need to undertake time-consuming, and often inconsistent, searches in separate data systems. Nalytics has a range of easy-to-use tools to facilitate search, discovery and analysis of legal data, as follows:
- Variable scope search: sentence / paragraph / document. The scope of search can be varied to suit specific needs, from returning results where all of the search terms occur within the same sentence to make sure you find only the most relevant information, through identifying relevant paragraphs within documents, to searching for documents where any of the specified search terms occur to return the greatest set of results.
- Contextual search results: Resulting search terms are shown in the context of the sentences they occur in to make it quick and easy to determine which results merit further investigation.
- Document viewer: Results are displayed in a proprietary document viewer tool which enables users to see further context and navigate through the document. Selected terms can be investigated further through searching within the current data set and definitions sought from an online dictionary, legislation databases or legal research platforms.
- Automated filters and customized search enhancers: Nalytics uses the documents’ own metadata (such as document type, date modified, author, and so on) or an organizations’ own filters (used to tag or otherwise categorise data). With these tools, Nalytics efficiently filters results and ensures only the most relevant information is returned thus reducing the amount of information to be reviewed.
- Source display: once relevant documents have been identified, users can either display content in a proprietary document viewer or (if authorised) open the actual source document itself.
- Redaction: Nalytics enables sensitive information (such as personal data) to be easily discovered and redacted to ensure only those who are allowed to see it are able to.
- Entity extraction: user can enhance data sets to identify entities such as people, places, organisations, and so on.
- Pattern matching: Nalytics can identify elements such as email addresses, dates of birth, passport numbers, driving license numbers, credit card numbers or anything else that is structured in a recognisable pattern.
Nalytics® is a unique cloud solution applying unique techniques for document management and index building of legal data. Take a look at this video to better understand how the semantic search functionalities work in the Nalytics platform: